[OSM-talk] Announcing Daylight Map Distribution

Marc M. marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 11 17:37:11 UTC 2020

Mikel Maron wrote :

> "you don't really know what you're talking about" is a rude thing to say.

it why I said "I get the impression that..."

> And expressing a belief that FB is not capable of doing this to a small, or even large degree, is not based on any factual inquiry of what they've done.

my "factual inquiry" is :
- for some change, checking it if it's valid take more time than doing
it (somebody delete a shop in a changeset with other stuffs and without
a comment about the shop : is the shop closed or not ?)
- FB has a hard time dealing with community feedback.
Either it is voluntary or it underestimates the resources needed.
It is not reasonable to think that a company can afford to do "more"
when it fails to ack previous feedback properly.