[OSM-talk] Proposed new status for tags in the wiki: "import" for undiscussed tags that were only used by an import

Wayne Emerson, Jr. ibemerson at verizon.net
Tue Mar 17 14:52:39 UTC 2020

Some other possible values:

undesirable
unnecessary
unwanted
unneeded
undiscussed
disapproved
clutter

However, among your examples you cite "gnis:feature_id=*" The wiki page
for this key notes:
"Unlike other imported tags such as gnis:created=* and
gnis:import_uuid=*, gnis:feature_id=* is meaningful beyond the import.
In fact, some mappers actively add gnis:feature_id=* to features to cite
a verifiable source for the POI's existence or its name."

But yes there are a lot of unnecessary gnis tags
gnis:County=*
gnis:County_num=*
gnis:ST_alpha=*
gnis:ST_num=*