[OSM-talk] Proposed new status for tags in the wiki: "import" for undiscussed tags that were only used by an import

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 01:51:22 UTC 2020

> I don't think that swiching from addr:* to object:* on these objects is correctly described by the term "mechanical edit".

Yes it was a mechanic/automated edit, because you switched all the tags at once

Not all mechanical edits are bad:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/What%27s_the_problem_with_mechanical_edits%3F

It sounds like you followed the Automated Edits code of conduct by
discussing the change with the local community first, and you mainly
edited objects that you had personally helped to map, so that is a
good example of an automated edit which was done according to best
practices:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Automated_Edits_code_of_conduct

-- Joseph Eisenberg