[OSM-talk] "Limitations on mapping private information" - wiki page

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 10:34:11 UTC 2020

Am Mi., 16. Sept. 2020 um 12:04 Uhr schrieb Mateusz Konieczny via talk <
talk at openstreetmap.org>:

> Sep 16, 2020, 10:59 by talk at openstreetmap.org:
>
> I would understand 'semi-public garden' to be, for example, a garden where
> you pay an admission fee to enter, or one which is closed at night. Like
> Martin, I would expect these to be completely acceptable to map.
>
> Not a native speaker, not a lawyer. I would describe such areas as public
> (possibly privately owned).

the term "semi public" for me applies to private property which is
accessible by a larger amount of people. It could be a shopping mall, the
green areas you may find for shared use in social housing projects (at
least those that were built in more socially aware times), also inner
courtyards which are accessible during the daytime, generally all
accessible private areas.

Cheers
Martin