[OSM-talk] Potlatch still used in many beginner documents - can you help fix it?

Michael Heißmeier michael63 at digital-filestore.de
Tue Feb 2 20:14:28 UTC 2021

Hi,

    If learnosm.org were to become the go-to resource to replace the
    "beginner's guide" on the wiki, it would have to be carefully amended to
    portray humanitarian mapping as one of many, rather than the foremost,
    motivation for contributing to OSM.

we are definitively open to suggestions how to formulate this page more
inclusive. LearnOSM is meant to cover many aspects of using and participating in
OpenStreetMap - from editors such as iD and JOSM through applications for mobile
devices to the structure and use of the data. We are always looking for
contributors who want to help us keep the guides up to date and expand to topics
not yet covered. If you feel inclined to support this effort - whether it is
just a few sentences on that introductory page or a revision of a longer
document - either contact me directly or get in touch with the rest of the team
at training at hotosm.org

Best Regards

Michael Heißmeier
/(osm:michael63)
Chairman of the HOT Training Working Group /