[OSM-talk] Potlatch still used in many beginner documents - can you help fix it?

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Tue Feb 2 20:25:59 UTC 2021

Feb 2, 2021, 21:14 by michael63 at digital-filestore.de:

> Hi,
>

>> If learnosm.org were to become the go-to resource to replace the"beginner's guide" on the wiki, it would have to be carefully amended toportray humanitarian mapping as one of many, rather than the foremost,motivation for contributing to OSM.
>>
> we are definitively open to suggestions how to formulate this page    more inclusive. LearnOSM is meant to cover many aspects of using and    participating in OpenStreetMap - from editors such as iD and JOSM    through applications for mobile devices to the structure and use of    the data. We are always looking for contributors who want to help us    keep the guides up to date and expand to topics not yet covered. If    you feel inclined to support this effort - whether it is just a few    sentences on that introductory page or a revision of a longer    document - either contact me directly or get in touch with the rest    of the team at> training at hotosm.org

Depends on what you want to achieve - HOT training material or OSM training material
including HOT-related info.

For example at https://learnosm.org/en/beginner/

"You already know how to use an editor and want to contribute to Humanitarian Mapping?"

is before

"Would you like to use OpenStreetMap on mobile devices?"

If it is intended as OSM training material then order should be different.
Not sure about goals of that project so I am unsure is it worth making a PR.