[OSM-talk] Is edit adding private dataset created specially for OSM considered an import or not?

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Wed Feb 3 10:42:40 UTC 2021

Feb 3, 2021, 11:28 by ajt1047 at gmail.com:

> On 03/02/2021 10:01, Mateusz Konieczny via talk wrote:
>
>> I run into cases where some organization
>>
>> - prepares dataset internally (by tracing aerials or by surveys)
>> - adds entire dataset as one edit
>>
>> Is it qualifying as an import or not?
>>
>> Is it falling under scope of https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Guidelines <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Guidelines> or not?
>>

> Notwithstanding that, it certainly falls under
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Organised_Editing_Guidelines
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Andy

Definitely, but as far as I know violating OEG is not an automatic
permission to revert everything, unlike violating importing rules where
"this is an undocumented import" is sufficient to justify a revert.

And like with https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Automated_Edits_code_of_conduct
where "this was undiscused mass edit" is enough to revert it.