[OSM-talk] Country names rules on OSM main page vary for some styles

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Wed Feb 24 23:14:21 UTC 2021

Looking at Ayiti (ie. Haiti) I see it dissapears with Cycle and transport styles and Republica Dominica is translated to english. We also see a big «USNB Guantanamo Bay» that we dont see with other styles and that I cannot find searching the OSM database with Overpass.

I understand that some style show the minimum information, but is there particular naming rule applyed to Cycle and Transport styles ?
 See https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=6/17.968/-69.697&layers=T  https://twitter.com/pierzen/status/1364699409607512072
Pierre