[OSM-talk] Potlatch 3 for desktop

Steve Doerr doerr.stephen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 17:47:19 UTC 2021

On 01/01/2021 16:23, Richard Fairhurst wrote:

> It's a desktop application just like any other and has the same
> constraints and opportunities as any other application. There is no
> communication from your browser other than the one-way, user-initiated
> Remote Control mechanism as used by JOSM, Merkaartor etc.

Does this mean it will eventually be accessible from the Edit
dropdown/button at openstreetmap.org, enabling one to go straight to the
area one was looking at?

When using it standalone, I feel it would be useful if it remembered
one's last editing location.

Otherwise, I had no problems when playing with it before Christmas. In
particular, I tested the vector background functionality with OS Open
Data, and everything seemed to work fine.

Well done!

Steve