[OSM-talk] Potlatch 3 for desktop

Steve Doerr doerr.stephen at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 16:02:44 UTC 2021

On 02/01/2021 11:46, Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> Steve Doerr wrote:
> > Does this mean it will eventually be accessible from the Edit
> > dropdown/button at openstreetmap.org, enabling one to go
> > straight to the area one was looking at?
>
> It is already - make sure Potlatch is open, and then click "Edit with
> Remote Control" on the dropdown.

OK, thanks. It never occurred me that you would need to have the program
already running, but I guess that's what JOSM and Merkaartor users
already have to do. It would obviously be nice eventually if the menu
text made it clear that 'Remote Control' doesn't just mean 'JOSM or
Merkaartor'. Ditto on the user's settings page. Oh, and also the error
message you get if you *haven't* already got the program running.
Probably we'll have to wait and see if PL3 establishes itself before the
web team will consider making a change.

Anyway, thanks for the clarification.

Steve