[OSM-talk] OpenStreetMap Carto release v5.3.0
penorman at mac.com
Fri Jan 29 07:48:14 UTC 2021
Today, v5.3.0 of the OpenStreetMap Carto stylesheet (the default
stylesheet on the OSM website) has been released. Once changes are deployed
on the openstreetmap.org it will take a few days before all tiles
show the new rendering. It may take longer than normal because there are
significant deployment-related changes.
- External shapefiles for coastline and other data are now loaded into
the database with a provided script.
- The recommended indexes are now required. Attempting to render without
them will result in abysmal performance.
- amenity=embassy is no longer rendered, and office=diplomatic with
diplomatic=embassy or diplomatic=consulate is instead.
- Mini-roundabouts are rendered like a turning circle.
- There is a new partial index for waterways
Anyone running their own install *must* run scripts/get-external-data.py
and create the new indexes. People who are running with minutely diffs
may be interested in <https://github.com/openstreetmap/chef/issues/386>.
Thanks to all the contributors for this release, including hiddewie,
crimsondusk, pitdicker, and terminaldweller, new contributors.
For a full list of commits, see
As always, we welcome any bug reports at
More information about the talk