[OSM-talk] Tracking the editing time

Oliver Simmons oliversimmo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 13:28:48 UTC 2021

On Mon, 5 Jul 2021 at 14:19, Oliver Simmons <oliversimmo at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't have a clue (or care much) about the virtual currency/Rovas
> thing, but this would be extremely useful if it can record volunteer
> hours *and prove them*.
>
> How are hours proven? Is it just a trust thing?
> If it's possible to prove mapping hours then I am for sure going to use this.

Apologies, ignore my question, I think I misunderstood the wiki page.

If two people have to verify *every change made* with this system,
then that's going to be a fair bit of work for the community to do. At
the start it'll probably be ok, but if this gets substantial use it'll
probably become unwieldy.

Also, how does this protect against a group of mappers working
together and reviewing each other's changesets as 'good'?
Maybe I'm being too untrusting of people :P

--
-Oliver Simmons (GoodClover)