[OSM-talk] Review of name and boundary tagging - revised and amended guidelines to address and resolve disputes

Imre Samu pella.samu at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 20:32:19 UTC 2021

>  Again, it's a fall back scenario in case local communities cannot agree
and escalate it with editing wars.
> Of course, local communities disagree with international organisations.

IMHO: Why not focus on the "root cause"  --->  We can't support multiple
points of view (worldview) yet
 ( example: https://github.com/nvkelso/natural-earth-vector/issues/301 )

For solving the community problems: the
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediation process is better because it has a
Nonzero-Sum approach.
The "UN" fallback scenario is a ~ Zero-Sum approach ..  with winners
and losers.
And we need to think about the "Second-order effect": If the "looser"
community does not accept the solution;  We have to prepare some community
forking.
At worst, there will be 3 similar but incompatible community geodatabase in
2030

*"Second Order Effect refers to the idea that every action has a
consequence, and each consequence has a subsequent consequence. In other
words, this means that a single decision can initiate a series of
cause-and-effects, something which we might not have knowledge or control
of."*

So let's focus on:
- Localized Map rendering ->
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Top_Ten_Tasks#Localized_map_rendering