[OSM-talk] Review of name and boundary tagging - revised and amended guidelines to address and resolve disputes

Mostafa Ahangarha ahangarha at riseup.net
Thu Jul 22 19:04:05 UTC 2021

On 7/15/21 1:02 AM, Imre Samu wrote:
> The "UN" fallback scenario is a ~ Zero-Sum approach ..  with winners
> and losers.

So you suggest if I come with some trash idea (like demanding to name a
sea after my own name) you would advocate some approach in which my
demand gets satisfied in some sort? I don't think zero-sum issue be
relevant here.

The issue is in a very high political level. If OSM starts naming a
water body in a way that contradict with international norms, aren't we
making fun of OSM? Let's not make OSM the battlefield for political
agendas. Whenever those issues are resolved differently in international
level, then OSM can reconsider its naming as well.

--
Regards,
Mostafa Ahangarha