[OSM-talk] Mechanical Edit?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 19:30:37 UTC 2021

sent from a phone

> On 25 Jul 2021, at 20:41, Mike Thompson <miketho16 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Does anyone have any objection to me reverting this changeset?

looking at the described changes, they seem beneficial, provided that the values were the same:

4. ctrl+F --> color=* and colour=* --> remove color=*.
5. ctrl+F --> color=* + “building:colour”=* --> remove color=*.
6. ctrl+F --> color=* + building=* --> update color=* to building:colour=*
7. ctrl+F --> color=* + “building:part”=* --> update color=* to building:colour=*
8. ctrl+F --> color=* --> update to colour=*

Color is the same as colour, just with different orthography, and colour is preferable because it’s the British form, not?

I agree this can in principle be regarded an automated edit and could have followed the guidelines, on the other hand it is really the same word, not much wiggle room here.

Would we expect an automated editing procedure for someone fixing
highway=Residential or residental to residential?

Cheers Martin