[OSM-talk] Mechanical Edit?

Amanda McCann amanda at technomancy.org
Mon Jul 26 10:57:42 UTC 2021

I don't really think this is a bad type of change or edit.

I think the large bboxes are bad, and that one should split it into many smaller individual changesets.

However, I've often used overpass turbo to find particular tagging issues, then opened them up in JOSM and fixed things up. e.g. "nodes tagged building=yes".  Many people make edits

We can all agree that something tagged `color` and not `colour` is almost certainly wrong? For some things there is disagreement about which type of tagging is best (e.g. `phone` vs `contact: phone`), and then doing this sort of mass edit is bad.