[OSM-talk] Mechanical Edit?

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Wed Jul 28 06:30:20 UTC 2021

Jul 28, 2021, 00:17 by frederik at remote.org:

> Hi,
>
> On 7/27/21 16:50, Mateusz Konieczny via talk wrote:
>
>>> Changesets should be assessed on the *quality* not quantity.
>>>

>> for automated/semiautomated edits quality includes also quality of
>> documentation/discussion/consensus.
>>

> Yes, we have definitely reverted undiscussed map edits where 99% of edits were an improvement and 1% were making things worse, just to prove a point.

Also, with automation: editing 100 000 objects may be far easier than cleanup 1000 damaged ones.
So sometimes the mass replace part is just 2% of work and whoever made it expects
98% of work of cleanup to be done by others.

(the trick is finding mass edits without that issue and discussing before edit to confirm
that with other. BTW, making local edits is often easier as many local communities have
less of "I oppose all automated edits because it will modify objects"/
"I am against any automation" responses than global ones)