[OSM-talk] Field surveying app - alert near marker/waypoint

Mike Thompson miketho16 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 20:01:52 UTC 2021

Hello,

I find it a challenge to field verify the existence of map features when
bicycling or driving as one should be paying attention to the road/trail
rather than their phone or tablet.  Is there any OSM based app where one
can mark locations to be verified ahead of time, and then as one is
travelling receive an audible alert when one is within some distance (e.g.
~15 m) of the location?   I tried OSMAND, but it states that the feature
only works while "navigating" (and I don't really want or need my phone
shouting out directions while I am mountain biking), and in any event, even
while "navigating" I couldn't get it to work.

Thanks,
Mike