[OSM-talk] Combining OSM data and my own data (CC-BY 4.0 license)

Emilio López emi1703 at yahoo.es
Fri Jun 11 10:18:29 UTC 2021

 Thank you Simon, for your clear and fast answer.

Best regards,Emilio
    En viernes, 11 de junio de 2021 11:17:17 CEST, Simon Poole <simon at poole.ch> escribió:

Essentially the OSM derived parts need to remain ODbL licensed, depending on the granularity of the "enriching" this might or might not effect the whole or just the OSM derived part of your database.

The later would not cause issues with most licenses, as they typically support a "collection" concept which allows separate licensing of the constituent parts (as the ODbL does), but CC BY 4.0 is viral^2 for databases and contains clauses that are substantially stricter than anything in the ODbL, so if you are publishing in the EU the answer is likely that it wont work.

Seehttps://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Licence/Community_Guidelines/Collective_Database_Guideline_Guideline and the other guidelines for more information.

Simon