[OSM-talk] Persian/Arabian Gulf Tagging

Mostafa Ahangarha ahangarha at riseup.net
Tue Jun 29 17:38:13 UTC 2021

On 6/29/21 7:01 PM, Li Yaqo wrote:
> After studying the Arabic/Persian Gulf situation I see vandalism,
> profanity, And whole chaos all from the Iranian side, So I believe the
> Iranian name will be added again over and over if we set the 'name' tag
> to empty.

Sometimes I feel you want to provoke Iranians. I don't find your
approach constructive. You put your suggestions on the table and please
stop labeling others. If we want to discuss vandalism, we (at least I)
have things to say. So don't push this button more. Lets discuss in point.

I disagree with A/B option. I think all OSM Iran community also would
support leaving name tag blank and keep eye on it. We (from both sides
with exact equal responsibility) can come to this agreement that do the
best in our capacity to keep this tag black.

So let's go with empty name and remain committed to keep it so with
equal responsibility.

--
Regards,
Mostafa Ahangarha