[OSM-talk] Recent spikes in the use of road key

Bert -Araali- Van Opstal bert.araali.afritastic at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 20:51:11 UTC 2021

OK, what I found on the Taiwan issue with the use of road_name:

The key road_name is used on pedestrian crossings.  All of them are
mapped correctly as nodes being part of a highway, however the road_name
on the crossing nodes (1997 in total) is different from the name tag on
the highways. So it is not clear. No indications if it is an automated
import since all other keys are very much OK.
I asked the user to change it.

Although they seemed to be related as they appeared around the same time
and to the same extend as the spikes in the road key, they are not
related. No road key was used in these changesets.

So still need some research to be done on the road key spikes.

Greetings,

Bert Araali