[OSM-talk] [Mecanical Edit] change (depreciated) amenity=embassy into (approved) office=diplomatic + diplomatic=embassy

Marc_marc marc_marc at mailo.com
Wed Mar 10 08:37:07 UTC 2021

Hello,

Le 09.03.21 à 14:27, Martin Koppenhoefer a écrit :
> Am Di., 9. März 2021 um 14:09 Uhr schrieb Marc_marc :
>     in 2018, we collectively approved [1] the depreciation of the
>     amenity=embassy tag and approved office=diplomatic diplomatic=embassy
>
>     I propose this mecanical edition to convert the remaining objects.
>
>     [1]
>     https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/office=diplomatic
>
> are you going to set up a voting page?

The mechanical editing procedure [1] is not about voting,
I care about oppositions, regardless of the %

Note that 1773 amenity=embassy out of 4 398 already have the new tag

There will of course be a page of documentation as for the previous
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Automated_edits/marc_marc
describing precisely what we have agreed on, according to possible
opposition or feedback.

In the meantime, I have been made aware of criteria that can detect
possible errors, and I track down these errors,
separately from the discussion of this procedure.
e.g. https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/8463911717
154 objects 'll be reviewed using https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/14Rl

[2] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Automated_Edits_code_of_conduct

Regards,