[OSM-talk] Drain socks

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 23:11:15 UTC 2021

Hi all

I'm back on this topic a little and thank you for answers.

Le ven. 26 févr. 2021 à 00:31, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
a écrit :

> the term outlet is quite generic, but you want to limit the application of
> the tag to fluidsk
> , or did I get you wrong? Because I imagine ventilation outlets (e.g. for
> the subway, or garage ventilation, tunnels, etc.) would be interesting to
> tag too.

That's right, I try to find a solution to map pipes outlets.
As air is a fluid, this would cover both water and ventilation outlets.

I agree outlet is maybe a too generic term for such but didn't find any
more appropriate solution.
It has to be linked to inlets too
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Inlets_proposal

Le ven. 26 févr. 2021 à 11:56, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> a écrit :

> I think these could be better termed 'filters' as some are located away
> fromt epipe outlet .. some are settlement ponds just beyond the pipe
> outlet.
>

> Filters for air could be finer and of less strenth compared to water
> filters. So posibly 'water_filter=* might be best to differentiate them?

Filter would also be suitable and as there are many different outlets
exitsing, I think water_filter or such could require another proposal.
As I don't want to be redudant with substance=*, maybe liquid_filter would
be better as to not repeat water.

Anyway, anyone that could provide a good picture of them will be more than
welcome :)

All the best

François