[OSM-talk] Drain socks

Bert -Araali- Van Opstal bert.araali.afritastic at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 11:27:05 UTC 2021

(as follow up on my previous reply)
What could also work is in_outlet if you wish or pipe_in_outlet.
You might consider to use it also on ways and areas as some are very
long and substantial. Like drain gullies, subway vents.

Please refer also to man_made=chimney as a possible top-level tag for
"vents".

You asked for examples, from wikimedia commons what could fit here:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Pipeline_vent_-_panoramio.jpg
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Pipe_%26_Vent_(Washington,_DC)_(5640333178).jpg
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Unusual_pipe-vent_atop_Portsdown_Hill._-_geograph.org.uk_-_113845.jpg
https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Search&limit=20&offset=80&profile=default&search=pipe+vent&advancedSearch-current={}&ns0=1&ns6=1&ns12=1&ns14=1&ns100=1&ns106=1#/media/File:Vent_pipe_(28286139058).jpg
https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?search=subway+ventilation&title=Special%3ASearch&profile=advanced&fulltext=1&advancedSearch-current=%7B%7D&ns0=1&ns6=1&ns12=1&ns14=1&ns100=1&ns106=1#/media/File:Little_Red_Square_td_(2018-10-22)_08_-_IND_Vent_Grates.jpg
https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?search=subway+ventilation&title=Special%3ASearch&profile=advanced&fulltext=1&advancedSearch-current=%7B%7D&ns0=1&ns6=1&ns12=1&ns14=1&ns100=1&ns106=1#/media/File:Ventilacni_komin_metra_A_v_Sadech_Svatopluka_Cecha-1-2020-praha.jpg
https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?search=subway+ventilation&title=Special%3ASearch&profile=advanced&fulltext=1&advancedSearch-current=%7B%7D&ns0=1&ns6=1&ns12=1&ns14=1&ns100=1&ns106=1#/media/File:Moscow,_Korovy_Val_street,_subway_ventilation_shafts_(31119247116).jpg
https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Search&limit=20&offset=20&ns0=1&ns6=1&ns12=1&ns14=1&ns100=1&ns106=1&search=drain&advancedSearch-current={}#/media/File:Tromplaan_V_Drain_streethole,_Winschoten_(2020)_01.jpg
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Drain_to_the_Afon_Llwyd.jpg
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Ullrich_Water_Treatment_Plant_Intake_Lake_Austin_2020.jpg
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Water_intake_on_Faw_Mount_-_geograph.org.uk_-_1809292.jpg
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Kaitoke_weir_and_water_supply_intake.jpg