[OSM-talk] Should OSMF adopt a policy about State of the Map conference in places that are LGBTQ*/etc unsafe?

Darafei Praliaskouski darafei at kontur.io
Thu Oct 7 21:40:27 UTC 2021

Local State of the Map conference should be available for any country,
otherwise you are excluding geographical regions from the thing. If locals
manage to organize SotM Afghanistan somehow they should not have the
impossible task of changing local situation on top of already challenging
quest of conference organization.

The international one should chose the best available venue from the
applied ones, the exact details to be determined on case by case basis.

Being on a conference in USA where I've seen the shootings blocks away from
my hotel was very stressful and felt terribly unsafe, I'm from the country
where it is illegal for anyone but government to have firearms.

чц, 7 кас 2021, 22:32 карыстальнік Amanda McCann <
amanda.mccann at osmfoundation.org> напісаў: