[Tile-serving] Fedora RPMs for mod_tile/renderd, tirex

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Wed Apr 3 14:36:10 UTC 2013

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 8:18 AM, Bernard Fouché
<bernard.fouche at kuantic.com> wrote:

> I was able to recycle a VM and test Tirex rending doing my usual tests with
> Monaco using the new RPM: it works! However I have not tested renderd yet, I
> try to do it later if no one else can check it in the meantime.

Excellent, thanks for trying it out!

> Many thanks again Jeffrey! Do you plan to have also
> nominatim/osm2pgsql/osmosis provided as RPM :-) ?

osm2pgsql is already in Fedora.  I've never looked into nominatim, so
I have no idea how easy/hard it would be to package.  Osmosis probably
wouldn't be too hard, as long as all of the dependencies were already
packaged.  Packaging Java apps can be hard because it can be time
consuming getting all of the dependencies packaged.

--
Jeff Ollie