[Tile-serving] [OSM-dev] osm2pgsql and mod_tile have moved to git

Kai Krueger kakrueger at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 00:20:38 UTC 2013

On 04/03/2013 01:23 PM, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Andy Allan <gravitystorm at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 3 April 2013 19:39, Jeffrey Ollie <jeff at ocjtech.us> wrote:
>>
>>> Copyright © 2013 OpenStreetMap
>> This bit needs discussion.  I don't think it's a great idea saying
>> just "OpenStreetMap" since there's no such thing that could hold the
>> copyright of the code. The foundation doesn't ask for copyright
>> assignment in source code, so it couldn't go here either.
>>
>> What do other projects do in this situation? Just name the maintainer(s)?
> I personally don't like naming maintainers, because deciding when to
> add or remove people's names is a difficult challenge.  Does a typo
> fix count?  How many lines need to be added or removed?  Etc, etc.
>
> What about "mod_tile contributors"?
Do the names and dates you add to this copyright header have any real
legal meaning? Or would the courts / lawyers in a dispute look through
the entire history of the repository anyway to see who exactly added
what when to determine if there is a legitimate copyright claim?

If the later, then at least to me using "mod_tile contributors" seems
fine. But I have no strong feelings on this either way.

Kai

P.s. I took off the dev and geocoding list from the CC.