[Tile-serving] [OSM-dev] osm2pgsql and mod_tile have moved to git

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Thu Apr 4 00:32:15 UTC 2013

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 7:20 PM, Kai Krueger <kakrueger at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/03/2013 01:23 PM, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
>>
>> What about "mod_tile contributors"?
>
> Do the names and dates you add to this copyright header have any real legal
> meaning? Or would the courts / lawyers in a dispute look through the entire
> history of the repository anyway to see who exactly added what when to
> determine if there is a legitimate copyright claim?

IANAL, but if I was suing someone I'd expect any lawyer I paid to dig
through the history and dig up the names of anyone that even touch one
byte.

> If the later, then at least to me using "mod_tile contributors" seems fine.
> But I have no strong feelings on this either way.

I think the main thing to worry about is that some people get touchy
about "credit" and want their name up in lights.  I personally just
want my name to show up in "git log" or "git blame" and I'm fine.

I'll work on a pull request sometime this week.  Is GPLv2 or later the
correct license?

--
Jeff Ollie