[Tile-serving] [osm2pgsql] Providing Windows binaries/packages (#17)

apmon notifications at github.com
Thu Apr 11 20:28:02 UTC 2013

Well, that makes the task of fixing the "OSM Tool GUI" somewhat easier, if we know who to contact and know they are still interested in fixining things... ;-)

If password prompt is causing issues, it shouldn't be too difficult to try and add a different way to supply the password to osm2pgsql. One option would be to just add it as another parameter. However, the disadvantage is that the command line arguments are listed in the process outputs like top (not sure if that is the case in windows), so the password would then be publicly visible to everyone on the computer.

But yes, we first need to know that osm2pgsql itself works before fixing the wrapper around it.

@onepremise Nice to see those efforts. Having any form of working osm2pgsql on windows is obviously a good start, but the more "native" the compile is, the better. If I understand it correctly mingw is more "native" than cygwin, so that would be preferable. If we can get it to build from a clean source in git and can then add a windows build server to the ci.osm.org, then perhaps we can prevent it from constantly breaking and make windows a properly supported platform of osm2pgsql.

---
https://github.com/openstreetmap/osm2pgsql/issues/17#issuecomment-16259185