[Tile-serving] [osm2pgsql] Providing Windows binaries/packages (#17)

Dane Springmeyer notifications at github.com
Thu Apr 11 20:15:31 UTC 2013

@apmon - Yes, I wrote "OSM Tool GUI" a while back: it is a python wrapper that works with the 0.69 (old) osm2pgsql (https://bitbucket.org/springmeyer/hot_tools/src/2321b0d0adae/osm_tools/command_dock2.py). Getting the password prompt working was extremely hard. Also when I've tried to compile osm2pgsql the getopt code has been the most difficult to port. So I presume that something changed in the behavior of the password prompt at some point, breaking the plugin.

@emirhartato - can you focus on testing osm2pgsql from the command line ONLY. Do not test with the QGIS plugin. We want to first make sure that an updated osm2pgsql build for windows works from the command line. After that I can take a look at any updates needed for the plugin to adapt it.

@emirhartato - my sense is you need to provide the -W flag when testing to that a password prompt comes up.

---
https://github.com/openstreetmap/osm2pgsql/issues/17#issuecomment-16258459