[Tile-serving] how to expedite coastlines shapefile updates?

Jeff Meyer jeff at gwhat.org
Sat Apr 13 22:51:21 UTC 2013

Hi - I'm trying to figure out the best way to set up a rendering chain that
reflects changes to shorelines relatively quickly. The use case here is
getting rid of man-made features and coastal landfill that are currently
reflected in OSM in urban areas.

I've set up an OSM stack that won't be using data from planet.osm, which
means I won't be able to take advantage of automatic updates to processed_p
and shoreline_300. The rest of the stack is pretty vanilla - rails,
mapnik/renderd, minutely updates, etc.

Any advice on how to set up something like this?

Thanks,
Jeff

--
Jeff Meyer
Global World History Atlas
jeff at gwhat.org
206-676-2347

OpenStreetMap: Mapping with a Human Touch
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/jeffmeyer> osm: Open Historical Map
(OHM)<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Open_Historical_Map>
 / my OSM user page <http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/jeffmeyer>
 t: @GWHAThistory <https://twitter.com/GWHAThistory>