[Tile-serving] [osm2pgsql] Add options to skip geometry indexes and ordering (#27)
notifications at github.com
Tue May 14 22:40:00 UTC 2013
Currently osm2pgsql always creates geometry indexes and orders the tables by geometry, essentially clustering them. There are cases where this is not desirable.
1. Benchmarking of other parts.
2. Analysis and tasks with non-standard queries. You might want geometry indicies but might prefer to cluster by something else, or you might want to query something like the average area of a building poly in France, which would involve a sequential scan and not benefit from geom indices.
3. Consuming a substantial set of diffs. I believe diff processing is faster without geom indices, and the ordering is more effective if done after updating.
4. Low space situations where you don't have room to order the tables.
5. Cases where you don't plan to consume diffs (e.g. imports with ``--drop``). You can be better off with a non-default [FILLFACTOR](http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-createindex.html#SQL-CREATEINDEX-STORAGE-PARAMETERS)
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tile-serving