[Tile-serving] [mod_tile] Install info (#25)

apmon notifications at github.com
Wed May 22 17:03:14 UTC 2013

OK, some of those can indeed not be changed by config options, but generally you don't need to change those. XMLCONFIGS_MAX is probably the only one were I can see a good reason of why you would need to change this.

FONT_DIR and MAPNIK_PLUGINS can be set in renderd.conf ( mapnik section https://github.com/openstreetmap/mod_tile/blob/master/renderd.conf#L21 )
PLANET_INTERVAL and PLANET_TIMESTAMP can be dealt with via touching the planet-import-complete file.

Is there a reason why you would need to change the CLIENT_PENALTY? If yes, the better way to go would be to make it configurable as well.

Also, for METATILE, do you have a reason to change this? There are reasons and trade-offs of why you would want to increase or decrease this value, but generally 8 is a pretty good default, and I haven't heard of many people changing this. But again, the better way of going forward would be to make it configurable rather than just making render_config.h easier to change.

---
https://github.com/openstreetmap/mod_tile/pull/25#issuecomment-18292635