[Tile-serving] [osm2pgsql] ids used multiple times (#33)

apmon notifications at github.com
Fri May 31 15:55:42 UTC 2013

Yes, it is normal.

osm2pgsql generates (by default) a separate entry in the database for each geometry. However relations like multi-polygons can contain multiple geometries, (e.g. various exclaves of a boundary). As these geometries are all derived from the same osm relation, they all carry the osm_id of their parent, resulting in multiple entries per osm_id.

There is an option in osm2pgsql to generate multi-geometries, which I think will result in only one entry per osm_id, but I haven't tried that option, so I can't say if it works or does the correct thing.

---
https://github.com/openstreetmap/osm2pgsql/issues/33#issuecomment-18753849