[Tilesathome] Status of lowzoom?

Hakan Tandogan hakan at gurkensalat.com
Wed Sep 12 19:08:43 BST 2007

spaetz wrote:
> There are still problems with coastlines, I rendered Göteborg: x=136 y= 77 at z=8 and the peninsula just north of Göteborg is inverted to water (http://informationfreeway.org/?lat=57.70809344748299&lon=11.827466310327964&user=spaetz&zoom=9&layers=0B00F000).
> It would be phantastic if somebody could investigate what goes wrong there.
>
> On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 04:55:27PM +0200, Hakan Tandogan wrote:
>
>> Where do I request low-zoom renderings? Are requests served from "usual"
>> URL ( http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~ojw/Requests ) ?
>
> Yes, they are served from the usual URL, low-zoom requests are only delivered if you have the "lowzoom" layer configured to render. Other than that, no changes to the client should be necessary.
>
>> ifw.org seems to allow only z12 requests. The only other option I'm seeing
>> over there is the "run lowzoom.pl x y z" requester on level-6 tiles.
>
> It's just like all other requests but with z=8, so I called:
> http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~ojw/NeedRender/index.php?x=135&src=spaetz&y=75&z=8&priority=2
> in a loop with wget to get my low-zoom tiles listed.

Thanks, I just added the area I'm interested in to the queue.

I have (o.k., I think I have ;-) ) fixed Log/Requests/Recent/index.php
to use the real Z level of the rendered tile instead of the hard-coded
12. Could you please deploy this change?

Regards,
Hakan

--
The Key To Immortality Is First Living A Life Worth Remembering.