[uMap] End user documentation

Antoine Riche antoine.riche at ymail.com
Thu Oct 6 16:28:56 UTC 2016

Hi Guillaume.

I wrote those tutorials and put them on my DokuWiki mostly because I'm
familiar with DokuWiki. I really intend to carry on writing the series
however I'm struggling to find the time.  In addition the new version of
uMap implies to update the existing tutorials. This shows you're right :
the tutorials should be placed in a more central place where they can be
edited and maintained by several people.

The OSM Wiki seems to me to be the right place. Converting DokuWiki to
MediaWiki doesn't look so easy though.  Where do we start ? One
possibility would be to translate the existing tutorials to english and
put them on the OSM wiki - I can send you the source code of the
DokuWiki tutorials. Do let me know if you have other ideas.

Cheers,
Antoine.