[Accessibility] Getting know

Jan Hegr hegrjan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 15:29:49 GMT 2012

Hi Peter.

> I am the programmer of the Lalm project. You tried it already in the
> current state?
> [...]
> If you (and others on this list and elsewhere) tell me, that lalm is
> already used actively and you prefer to have worldwide coverage before
> having at least a little bit better descriptions, please tell me that. I
> didn't yet think about it being useful in the current state.

Unfortunately, I haven't try it yet. I just have read so many about it that
I thought it's giving a reasonable output already. And ofcourse, it's better
to test it on a piece of world I know - to compare the output to the
reality. If it's gathering data via the Overpass-api, it seems it shouldn't
be a problem to try it on any area (rather small) I can think of. Or do I
miss something?
Please, where can I see it run to make a better notion?

> Adding tags to existing objects should be fairly straight forward, but
> adding objects could be more complicated probably, as I don't have the
> best idea yet how to check in a text based user interface if the relative
> position is accurate or not.

I was rather curious about how it works (if it does) than having a concrete
solution, but I will think of it. As you say, adding new nodes could
sometimes do more harm than gain.
I can imagine one could fix the point relative to two (or three) mapped
objects and known distance. I'll let you know when I think it over.

Thanks for your quick response.
Jan