[Openstreetmap-dev] editing applet very unresponsive

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Sat Aug 27 05:15:03 BST 2005

Robert Merkel wrote:

> However, the Openstreetmap editing applet runs like cold
> molasses for me.

This is known.  In July we were told a new applet was on its way
in August, but it hasn't showed up yet.  The slowness of the
current applet is worst in areas where there are a lot of GPS
samples, such as central London or Oslo.

On the wiki I have a list of place names on my user
page, http://www.openstreetmap.org/wiki/index.php/User:LA2
If you go to Glasgow and start the edit applet from there,
http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit/viewMap.jsp?lat=55.858&lon=-4.243&scale=0.0003
it's not so slow at all, because there is only one GPS track
running through the town.  You can play with this until we get