[Openstreetmap-dev] Re: [Openstreetmap] New roads appearing without GPS tracks

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Fri Dec 16 12:17:09 GMT 2005

>I agree, and I'd like to see all the different editors tagging the
>changes they make with the name of the editor and the version number
>(potentially, if we continue to see a proliferation of clients, we
>should make this compulsory).  For one thing, if bugs were found in a
>particular version of a particular client this would facilitate the
>correction of any errors introduced to the database.

(moved to dev...)

If that's the case, I'm wondering should we change the GPX upload procedure
so that a GPX file is PUT in the same way that OSM-format XML is PUT in the
0.2 API? From a glance at the documentation of two HTTP clients (cURL and
the Qt HTTP API) it seems easy to use PUT to upload data, but I'm having
trouble finding documentation on how to upload whole files as the current
GPX uploader does.

Nick

Tom.