[Openstreetmap-dev] Re: [Openstreetmap] upload, applet

Tom Carden tom at tom-carden.co.uk
Wed Oct 5 23:05:15 BST 2005

On 10/5/05, Alex Willmer <alex at moreati.org.uk> wrote:

> Note that the
> applet (for me atleast) is sluggish, you must hover over a node for a
> moment before dragging the segment, or releasing the mouse button to
> complete a join.

It's pretty snappy for me on my laptop (1.6 centrino, 512Mb RAM, Windows
2000, Firefox 1.5, Sun JVM 1.5), but I realise not everyone is using a high
spec machine. There are surely some optimisations we can do, and profiling
is on my list of things to do.

Can you let me know what platform you're using, and what spec of machine?
Also roughly what region you're editing? (ie a link to the edit page).

Best,

Tom.