[Openstreetmap-dev] JEEPs is wrong.

Immanuel Scholz immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Tue Sep 20 22:18:10 BST 2005

Hi,

I compared the projection results from Jeeps, GeoTransform, the ruby
code from Ben and the extracted algorithm from GeoTools. All operating
in Gdc->Utm mode with the WGS84 ellipsoid. All but Jeeps had exakt the
same result (well, GeoTransform had 1 waypoint moved 1 pixel to the left
on screen ;). The jeeps library rotated the whole picture some degrees
anti-clockwise.

I rechecked my code whether I did a error when porting, but found non.
Maybe there is just some precision problem in the lib..

Ok, so thats enough for me to choose another code over Jeeps :). Nick,
did you had problems in osm-editor mapping pictures on background
images, because the coordinates seem to be rotated by a small bit?

Another good one:

** @param [r] phi [double] latitude (deg)
** @param [r] lambda [double] longitude (deg)

Cite from the JEEP's documentation. ;-)