[Openstreetmap-dev] Re: WGS84/UTM/Lambda... Projection library

Immanuel Scholz immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Tue Sep 20 22:53:40 BST 2005

Hi,

> So I work on geotools, but am definitely not the projection expert.  But
> our projection expert recently extracted out the projection code from the
> main jar, so it sits in it's own module, for use by people exactly like
> you.  It ends up about a meg in size (though you will need some jar to
> define the wkt of your projections, this is where my knowledge gets
> fuzzy).  It's on trunk/2.2, and the 2.2M0 that's out now did not include
> it.  If you're interested I can send you the jar directly from the latest
> svn.

I got the whole trunk from svn and see the projection code somewhat
seperated in
gt/module/referencing/src/org/geotools/referencing/operation/projection.

So no need to zip and send it, but thank you for the offer :-)

I looked at the version. It is still too dependend on the rest of the
system to take unmodifier, but maybe I extrakt those parts I need write
a thin layer for the rest and skip the dependency-making stuff like
internalisation or the whole NamedIdentifier thingabob. ;)

BTW: Where is javax.units.* from? Java Enterprise Edition?

Well, after all, GeoTools looks like a fine project . Thumbs up to
you ;)

Ciao, Imi.