[Openstreetmap-dev] Overview of the workings of the 'slippy map'

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 8 15:34:37 GMT 2006

Hi Nick,

Sure, I can do. Here's the basic usage, as a start.

Adjusting he OSM slippy map to use the Freemap tiles is as simple as replacing one line of javascript.
In svn, /ruby/editing-interface/index.rhtml, replace the value of tileURL with the url for Freemap.

When the slippy map requests tiles it appends
"&WIDTH="+(this.tilewidth)+"&HEIGHT="+(this.tileheight)+"&BBOX="+lt+","+tp+","+rt+","+bt;to tileURL. "BBOX" is specified as west,south,east,north

So as long as Freemap can respond to that request, everything should work ok.

Mikel