[OSM-dev] lack of server coders

Tom Carden tom at tom-carden.co.uk
Tue Jul 4 16:44:07 BST 2006

On 04/07/06, Christian van den Bosch <cjb at cjb.ie> wrote:

> I don't even understand what the issue is wrt knowing who's edited what.
> I can understand there are issues wrt knowing who's uploaded which
> tracklogs; but isn't that why we have the option to set our tracklogs to
> public or private when we upload them?

The issues aren't to do with whether or not it's a problem, the issues
are to do with Steve's personal liability if anyone uses this info for
evil - openstreetmap.org doesn't have a privacy policy.

I'm in agreement however that this shouldn't stop us giving out data
which includes some way of working out which person edited what, even
if those people are anonymous.  FOAF-style hashes for email addresses
might do the trick?

Tom.