[OSM-dev] Succeeded in setting up a testserver

Tommy Persson tpe at ida.liu.se
Sat Jul 22 01:16:27 BST 2006

Immanuel Scholz <immanuel.scholz at gmx.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> > > I succeeded in setting up a testserver. So ask me if you run into
> > > problems ;)
> > >

> > And you did not get this path problem?
> >
> > I still get:
> >
> > [Fri Jul 21 22:02:10 2006] [error] mod_ruby: failed to require /home/tompe/osm/s
> > vn/www.openstreetmap.org/ruby/api/apache/simple-auth
> > [Fri Jul 21 22:02:10 2006] [error] mod_ruby: error in ruby
> > [Fri Jul 21 22:02:10 2006] [error] mod_ruby: /home/tompe/osm/svn/www.openstreetm
> > ap.org/ruby/api/osm/osmlog.rb:3:in `load': no such file to load -- servinfo.rb (
> > LoadError)
> > [Fri Jul 21 22:02:10 2006] [error] mod_ruby:   from /home/tompe/osm/svn/www.open
> > streetmap.org/ruby/api/osm/osmlog.rb:3
> > [Fri Jul 21 22:02:10 2006] [error] mod_ruby:   from /home/tompe/osm/svn/www.open
> > streetmap.org/ruby/api/osm/dao.rb:7
>
> What's your RubyAddPath - setting in the apache config? should be
> something like:
>
> RubyAddPath /home/tompe/osm/svn/www.openstreetmap.org/ruby/osm
> RubyAddPath /home/tompe/osm/svn/www.openstreetmap.org/ruby/api/apache
> RubyAddPath /home/tompe/osm/svn/www.openstreetmap.org/ruby/api/0.3
> RubyAddPath /home/tompe/osm/svn/www.openstreetmap.org/ruby/api

Yes, that is exactly what it is.  Everything looks correct but the
files are not found.  This is so irritating that I probably will wast
time trying to solve it just for solving the problem :-)

Do you know how to enable some more debugging information?

> In theory, you should have to synchronize your gps unit only once (or
> resync it after some time in the unlikely case that its clock drifts too
> fast).
>
> If the sync is ok, then you should be able to load the pictures right
> away.

It seemed to work somewhat.  Where is the sync information stored?  I
thought you changed the EXIF information but obiously not.

I really liked this photo facility.  Very helpful if you walk around
and takes a lot of images.

> If you point me to a small and free java library which can write EXIF
> data into JPG's, I will implement the saving of the GPS coordinates into
> JOSM, so the syncing with the GPS track would become much easier.. ;)

An external program maybe?  But it is not a robust solution so maybe
an option to enable it.

This

     http://www.drewnoakes.com/code/exif/

seemed to be a free Java library.