[OSM-dev] Status of the WMS interface?

Tom Carden tom at tom-carden.co.uk
Thu Mar 30 00:41:30 BST 2006

Hi Jo,

Briefly, I think the current rendering code just quits out if you're
zoomed out too far.  You can see that streets only kick in on
openstreetmap.org when you're zoomed past a certain level (11 maybe?).
 This is enforced in the tiles javascript, which only asks for streets
past that level, but I'm pretty sure it's also enforced on the server.
 It's just a performance thing, until we have a way to generalise the
streets a bit.

Best,

Tom.