[OSM-dev] JOSM patches applied and suggestion for plugin environment?

Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Fri Sep 8 22:34:58 BST 2006

On Friday 08 September 2006 23:26, Simon Hewison wrote:
> Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) wrote:
> > Some ideas for more filters:
> >  - If we can call external programs someone could write a filter to
> > correct all those dual carriage way highways. And make all the nodes for
> > the segments same length, same distance.
>
> Whilst it's all very well having dual carriageways perfectly aligned,
> with the nodes perfectly aligned on the turns, there's always going to

I dont want to have an automatism which doeas all those roads. I thought of
something like:
 - you mark a part of a dual carriage way in josm.
 - say make parallel in josm
 - josm then opens a pipe to the filter.
 - sends the marked segments to the filter
 - the filter resorts and aligns the segments
 - the filter sends it back via the pipe
 - josm replaces the segments in memory with the aligned ones
 - the user has to have a look at the result
 - if the result is ok and only if so
       - the user uploads the changes from josm to OSM

- This is how I'd see all those filters which i want to have inside josm.

-
Joerg