[OSM-dev] Reducing size on mediawiki server

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Thu Apr 12 12:23:04 BST 2007

Doesn't Mediawiki use transactions? I don't know enough about Mediawiki
but would expect it to use transactions which MyIsam doesn't support.

Can't find anything on it quickly, but there is a setting for this:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:%24wgDBtransactions

So maybe it works ok without transactions if this is not set. I feel
rather uneasy though when using any kind of database application without
transactions if the application doesn't explicitly says it can work
without them.

Jochen