[OSM-dev] How to change maplint tests (was: T at H maplint unknown tags test)

Robert Hart bathterror at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 12:12:37 BST 2007

> I have commited your change to the t at h SVN. I could not directly apply
> the patch because someone had meanwhile added "motorcar" to the list of
> allowed tags and this caused the patch to fail.

that was me. How exactly am I meant to know that tests.xsl is not a source
file? The spacing of the tags tests implied that the file had been generated
at some point - but given I could not find any source, and after I asked on
IRC I assumed it was a one off process.

$ cd applications/rendering/tilesAtHome/maplint/
$ cat README
cat: README: No such file or directory
$ make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
$ head tests.xsl
[nothing enlightening]

I understand why tilesAtHome has local copies of code, and even stores
generated files in SVN, but it does have strong drawbacks. Maybe we should
have src and build directories to make it clear what is pulled in from
elsewhere and what is actual t at H source code?

Rob

--
Robert Hart