[OSM-dev] T at H client cuttoff dates.

J.D. Schmidt jdsmobile at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 13:41:55 BST 2007

In order to ensure a more homogenous map display, and prevent the
problem we've seen lately, where there are about 6K t at h requests listed
in the rendering queue, I've discussed with OJW to implement a S.O.P of
only allowing the latest client to take requests and upload data.
A cutoff period of one week, where the previous client and the new
client both can take requests and upload, should give people time to
update their T at H clients.

For the current setup that means that from Tuesday 24 April 2007 00:00
UTC (01:00 BST 02:00 CET) only the Frederikssund version will recieve
rendering requests and only uploads from the Frederikssund version will
be accepted. *

Next time the client changes the same procedure will be used.
Frederikssund will then have a grace period of one week, before uploads
and requests for that version will be denied.

*The experimental identifier used by devs will not be affected by this.

J.D. "Dutch" Schmidt